Bob Johansen – a distinguished fellow at the Institute for the Future in Silicon Valley, proposes 5 new leadership literacies: combination of disciplines, practices and worldviews that will be needed in VUCA world.
1. Forecast likely futures so you can „look back” and make sure you’ve prepared for the changes to come
2. Use low-risk gaming spaces to work through your concerns about future and hone your leadership skills
3. Lead shape-shifting organizations where you can’t just tell people what to do
4. Be a dynamic presence even if you are not there in person
5. Keep your personal energy high and transmit that energy throughout your organization
To thrive in VUCA world leaders will have to develop their clarity but moderate their certainty.